In this episode we cover 10 Reason to Use agent for buying and selling.
The technological advances made in the last 5 years have really made home buying and selling without a Realtor possible. Yes you can probably access some important information on the internet and you can couple that with good judgment, however just because you can does not mean you should. This is not like going to court to fight a traffic ticket or thinking you are a great negotiator because you have great luck buying a car. This is one of the biggest financial decisions of your life and you should really use a licensed Realtor.
Understand why not. You want to save money as a seller and you figure as a buyer if you do not have an agent than you can get a better price. The typical commission per agent is 3% so it is not insignificant. Reality is that they are worth every penny
- The buyer’s agent is paid by the sellers therefore free. The commission is already built into the listing so if it is not used the sellers agent will most likely get it.
- The sellers agent will get you a higher price statically and therefore pay for itself
- They speak the language and have the paperwork and deadlines. Avoid costly mistakes and delays
- Greater search power. Realtors have access to even more Sometimes properties are available but not actively advertised. A Realtor can help you find those hidden gems. The purple room effect
- Great marketing power. Better engines, websites and past customer networks
- Better search area. Better at matching your home characteristics like price range size, ect to find the best fit
- Better negotiators. Lots of experience and better tactics. They are unemotional
- They are connected to everyone so they have a better network
- They adhere to a strict code of ethics
- They fill a lot of roles. Adviser, financier for marketing( own Money), almost 24 hour per day concierge, emotional rock during hard times
- Pricing expertise both buying and selling. Priced to sell and worth it to buy
12. Request repairs